Thursday, February 28, 2008

Keep it short, stupid

  • Okay, so here we go. First post, woop-de-doo.

  • I made that cheesy animated .gif above, with an intent to use it, but alas it is so very crappy. Its a great font though: Stylograph. I highly recommend the free, easy image manipulator I used to place Little Mac in his fateful battle with the mighty Aialik.
  • I have a little to say on the politics front, though you could easily assume I'm crowing with 11 straight wins for my candidate of choice, but instead I'm quietly optimistic. I genuinely feel that supporters of Mr. Obama are treated rather shabbily, mocked as cultists, accused of voting out of guilt, rather than on a the politician's merit. All it does is remind me more and more why I don't support a conventional candidate. Look, of course he has money (mostly donated), he has fame (people gravitate to talent), he has people that support him blindly (regrettable, but a common phenomena), but he also has over 1 million people that have pledged because they genuinely trust him. I think that all of these things add up to being more than a flash-in-a-pan politician. I'm not saying anything new of course, but I don't like political power concentrated in the hands of the few, and if anything he's certainly an example of making your own path.
  • I can't make up my mind on the NBA lately: I rarely get to watch games, and can't usually stay up late to even see any of the west coast games, but why are the Western teams so much better? They are filled with talented players I enjoy watching, and it just spoils me on viewing the Bulls ineptitude. I realize the commish is a powerful, fairly aggressive promoter of his sport, but how can he ignore that half of his league is awful to watch? The concentration of "good" players in the East is so spotty it leads to only 5 teams with a winning record, to the West's 10! Pitiful.
  • I'll post a bit more about music later, but for now, seek out The Gourds at any cost. I'm pretty much consumed with Gourds-Lust/Cucurbitaceae, and have quickly snapped up 5 of their albums in a short period of time. With many bands its often just the music alone that keeps me listening, but with The Gourds even cheesy lyrics like those below, put to the appropriate bounce have me yelling along on the drive home:
Everything that I have
Everything that is true
Everything that is possible
Everything for you
Everything that you want
Everything that I do
Is what I do for you
-from the regrettably named "Do 4 U"-

  • /end

No comments: